Jaswinder Singh Khanna (Sculptor)
from Mehandipur, Tehsil Khanna
Sohan Qadri Fellowship
by Punjab Lalit Kala Akademi
Punjab Lalit Kala Akademi has introduced this Fellowships for the first time with the Sohan Qadri Fellowship of Rs. 2,00,000/- for the year 2017.
Jaswinder Singh has been selected after one to one interviews by internationally renowned artist and curator of Kochi Muziris Biennale Sudarshan Shetty.
Interview process involved going through the portfolios of the artists, looking at the original art works and knowing about the artistic, intellectual and craftsmanship skills of the artists. 21 artists from Punjab and Chandigarh applied for this Fellowship.
47 year old, Jaswinder Singh practices his art in the discipline of Sculpture in his Studio in village Mehandipur. He is a BFA and MFA from Govt. College of Art Chandigarh and has been teaching at various institutions including his Alma matter Government College of Art, Chandigarh. Most of his sculptures are in wood but he also works in stone and other mediums. Jaswinder has been commissioned to make some murals as well.
Punjab Lalit Kala Akademi has started this Fellowship to promote and recognise talented artists of the State of Punjab.
The fellowship is aimed at providing talented artists a platform to continue their research to develop new ideas in their respective disciplines.
In its efforts to provide better facilities, platform and opportunities to the artists of the region, Punjab Lalit Kala Akademi is coming up with innovative ideas that would create an amiable environment for the development of arts and help sustain creativity. The Akademi is engaging with the art fraternity and art lovers at various levels to bring about a whiff of fresh air that would change the way we perceive, consume and relate to art.
The Fellowship is being sponsored by Sohan Qadri Foundation. Qadri was a well known artist of Punjabi origin having strong connections with his motherland. He received his art education from Government College of Art, Chandigarh and had many friends in Punjab.
His daughter Mrs. Purvi Qadri, who lives in Canada, has sponsored this Fellowship at the initiative of Diwan Manna, artist and President Punjab Lalit Kala Akademi.
The Fellowship is being given to an artist between the age of 30 to 50 years. Artists from various streams such as drawing/ painting/mix media / installations / photography / graphics-print making & sculpture applied for this Fellowship.
Artists Residing and or employed in Punjab and Chandigarh, were eligible for the fellowship. Selected artist would get rupees two lakh as fellowship during a period of one year.
- Father Name : S. Jagar Singh
- Date of Birth : 22nd Feb, 1971
- Marital Status : Married
- Sex : Male
- Nationality : Indian
- Language Known : English, Punjabi & Hindi
- Hobby : Painting & Arts
- To be associated with teaching department of an organization of repute, where my proven ability and successful performance can be utilized to advantage.
- F. A. Sculpture Govt College of Art Chandigarh 2006-2007.
- F.A. Fine Arts Painting (PU) in Chandigarh 2003-2004.
- F.A Sculpture Govt College of Art Chandigarh 1998.
- Two year’s Teaching Experience at city Beautiful Art Centre, Chandigarh.
- Six month teaching Experience in Green Grove Public School, Mohanpur, Ludhiana.
- One and half year teaching Experience in A.S College for Women, Khanna.
- One year 8 months teaching Experience at Tac Art Gallery, Ludhiana.
- One and half year as an Artist in Atmosphere Gallery Ludhiana.
- One year as a visiting faculty at Govt. College of Art, Chandigarh.
- One and half year teaching Experience as a Art teacher in Delhi Public School, Khanna.
- One year teaching Experience as a lecturer HMV Jalandhar.
- One year experience as a Assistant Prof in sculpture Dept. at Desh Bhagat University Mandi Gobindgarh
- fifteen years Professional Experience as a sculptor
- Merit Position in B.F.A. (Panjab University Chandigarh) 1998
- Gold Medal in state Level Competition 2003 (Surtal in Patiala)
- Inter State University winner First Position.
- Award in sculpture from Chandigarh Lalit Kala Academy in 2006.
- L Prashar Award in Wood Carving Composition in 1997.
- L Prashar Award in Stone Composition in 1998.
- First Prize in floats making competition at Chandigarh Carnival in 1996.
- First Prize in floats making competition at Chandigarh Carnival in 1997.
- Highly Commended Award in All India Exhibition of Art at Amritsar in 2007.
- Highly Commended Award in All India Exhibition of Art at Amritsar in 2008.
- Many prizes of academic session and participation in all India Exhibition of Art.
- 11th Annual Art Competition Award in 2007 by Centurion Bank Of Punjab.
- 3rd state exhibition Award of Art in 2016 Amritsar Punjab.
- Group Exhibitions 2002 Govt College Hoshiarpur.
- Two man Exhibition of (Painting, Sculptures, Murals, Prints, and Drawings) of arts 2002 Ludhiana.
- Solo Show, North Zone Culture Centre Patiala in 2004.
- Group Show Art 2003 at Tac Art Gallery Ludhiana.
- 49th Lalit Kala Annual Arts exhibition in Bhopal 2006 (Selected)
- ARS Group show at Artmosphere Gallery Ludhiana in 2009-2010.
- ARS Group show at Artmosphere Gallery Ludhiana in 2010-2011.
- Participated Painting workshop sponsored by UGC at BRK College Jalandhar.
- Participated Painting Workshop sponsored by UGC at Jalandhar.
- Group show “Square” an exhibition of painting (Punjab Lalit kala, Bhawan Chandigarh) 2013.
- Participation National Art Exhibition in Bhopal.
- Participation International film festival Delhi 2005.
- Participation in National exhibition of Art (Amrita Shergill) 2015.
- Participation in 3rd State exhibition of Art (Amritsar) 2016
- Workshop on installation in Ghari Delhi 2006.
- Pollution Awareness installation on Dewali 2009-2010.
- Pollution Awareness installation on Dewali 2010-2011.
- Installation on women violence (Sixty five feet long Painting) 2012.
- Installation on natural and artificial life at Chandigarh.
- Cement workshop in Architect College, Chandigarh in 1996.
- International workshop in Banaras Hindu University in 1997.
- Wood Carving workshop in Jammu University from Lalit Kala Academy in 2005.
- Workshop on installation Art at Ghari by Lalit Kala Academy in 2006.
- Workshop on stone carving at Bir (HP) in 2009.
- Workshop on stone carving at Punjab Lalit Kala Bhawan Chandigarh 2010.
- Workshop on wood carving at N.Z.C.C kala Gram Panchkula in 2011.
- Painting workshop and Exhibition in Gallery Artmosphere Ludhiana 2010-2011.
- Painting workshop and Exhibition in Gallery Artmosphere Ludhiana 2011-2012.
- Painting workshop organization ARS Group Ludhiana.
- Stone carving workshop N.Z.C.C Kala Gram Panchkula 2013-2014.
- National Stone carving workshop Udaipur 2016.
- Wood carving workshop APJ College jalandhar 2016.
- Wood carving workshop Home Science Department PAU Ludhiana 2016.
- Painting in A.S Sen. Sec. School Khanna.
- Mural, Punwire office, Sector-9 Chandigarh.
- Wooden Composition in N.Z.C.C Panchkula (HR)
- Composition in Arch.College Chandigarh.
- Stone Composition in Bir (Himachal Pardesh)
- Wood Composition Jammu University.
- Sculpture, Architect College, Chandigarh (in Cement) 1996.
- Two stone composition in GCA, 10-C, Chandigarh.
- Statue : Shah Mastana Ji in Sira (R.C.C)
- Statue : Baba Bhanda Singh Bahadur at Gurdwara Mehandipur (in White Cement)
- Two Lions composition in Majestic Park Plaza Ludhiana.
- Two wooden Mural in Fine Art Department Govt College Hosiarpur.
- Two wooden Mural in A.S College Khanna,
- Paintings, Mural and Sculpture in Jeevan Jot Hospital Khanna.
- B.R Amedkar’s statue in D.C office Sangrur.
- Wooden composition in Hotel Mount View, Chandigarh.
- Stone composition in Museum of Panjab University Chandigarh.
- One life and three portraits in Guru Nanak Khalsa College Model Town Ludhiana.
- Wood sculpture in G.S Radiations Ludhiana.
- Three sculpture H.M.C Jalndhar.
- Stone composition at Punjab Lalit Kala Chandigarh.
- Stone Composition at CZCC Nagpur.
- Wood Composition at APJ Jalandhar.
- Wood Composition of PAU Ludhiana (Home Science).
- Many other private collections National and abroad too.
- Merit 2nd year Top Class.
- Merit 3rd year Top Class.
- Merit 4th year Top Class.
- S College Khanna (2003, 2004, 2005)
- Govt College for Women Ludhiana (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Devki Devi Jain College Ludhiana (2006)
- Malwa Central College of Education for Women Ludhiana (2006)
- Mata Ganga College Manji Sahib Kottan Ludhiana.
- Ramgharia College for Women Ludhiana.
- Wood carving at PAU Ludhiana (Home Science).
Other Games & NSS:-
- Three year’s experience in NSS.
- Basket Ball & Hand Ball.